Monday, May 30, 2011

pin-up shits

I often wonder why I put together all these shits called high-flown a cycle of pin-ups. One might have a feeling that this is a mysoginical project – a woman as a thing, an object of fantasies, fetish being pawed by clammy fingers of horny one racked with guilt – me. Well, I'm afraid the problem is deeper then it appears. Disgusting and abomination being contained in the meaning of this project (rotten fruits, crawling worms, a sea of bloody bones, trivial, simply banal eroticism) covered some of my experiences. Experience of psychological aggression, cruelty, wickedness and pain is looming into view out of this contradictory picture, I went through and I'm slowly becoming aware step by step. The pin-ups project is fit rather for detailed psychoanalytic session although It seems to me I did it with myself just by coming the pin-ups project into being. No more pin-ups in my life. It’d not better be wishful thinking. I hope so. But on the other hand next pin-ups (after Bielska Autumn Painting Festival) I put together just because of making money. To my utter amazement someone wanted to buy them, someone bought them. I would never want to hang them on the wall.



2011 - ArtVilnius'11, LITEXPO Lithuanian Exhibition and Convension Centre, Wilno (Lithuania)
2010 - pin-ups, Zone of Contemporary Art, Lodz (PL)
2010 - ArteSantander 2010 XIX Feria Internacional de Arte Contemporaneo, Palacio de Exposiciones y Congresos, Santander (Spain)
2010 - Glamour, 6 inSPIRATION, Szczecin (PL)
2009 - Slick 09, Centquarte, Paris (France)
2008 - Berliner Liste 08, Berlin (Germany)
2008 - 22nd festival of Polish Contemporary Painting, The Castle of Pomeranian Princes, Szczecin (PL) Artluk magazine award
2008 - Sexhibition, Studio ACH! Group of artistic studios, Warsaw (PL)
2007 - Bielska Autumn, Bielska BWA Gallery, Bielsko-Biała (PL)

No comments:

Post a Comment